Friday, February 11, 2011

Turkey vultures


Big black birds have been hanging out in the tress in our backyard and in the neighbors’ yards. They identify themselves as turkey vultures and talk of feeding on some poor dead creature along the creek. Lexie not only is a bit weary of these ominous looking creatures, but wonders how these turkeys survived Thanksgiving. I tell her we don’t have anything to worry about, but Duchess on the other paw, might. Those birds could easily mistake her for a little, white rat and swoop down and grab her with their talons. I told my people I was willing to risk life and limb to put my body between the vultures and Duchess, that is until I realized how sharp those talons are. So until they move on to a greener feeding ground, my suggestion is we keep Duchess on a short leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment