Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy anniversary



Today is my people's one-year wedding anniversary. You know I'm not one for change, but looking back on the past year, it's been a good year of changes. We blended our family pretty effortlessly. No longer am I the man of the house, which is a big load off my shoulders. There's a teenager in the house now, which bumps me down to the second-oldest in the birth order. Lexie and I gained a step-sister in Duchess. Lexie and Duchess still have a rocky relationship, but we are working on it. Since I'm not one for confrontations, I just deal with Duchess by avoiding her (Except for when she comes back from the doggie cleaners like she did Friday and smells really good. I couldn't help but sniff her and she didn't bite me, so I consider that a moment to cherish.) We added a shed to the backyard to make room for all of the people's stuff. There's more people around to throw balls, give belly rubs and keep us fed and watered at descent hours. The male-to-female ratio didn't change as Wes and I are outnumbered by 4-2, but overall, life is good. I'm even thinking about settling down and getting married if for no other reason then to have someone smear caked in my face.

1 comment: