Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's gettin' hot out here


I'm confused. The leaves are almost off the trees, but it's 80 degrees outside. Would you call this an Indian summer or the dog days of fall? Do I keep working on my winter coat, or should I start shedding again? The mild summer we had had me second guessing this global warming thing. But now that fall has been so warm maybe there's something to it. I'm not complaining. I love mild temperatures. Cheryl calls it long sleeves and shorts weather. I say it's good for the hogs. When Cheryl was little her family killed hogs on Thanksgiving. Way way back then during the ice age it was cold enough to practice that tradition. Today not so much. The poor oinkers would spoil between the barn and the processing basement. So once again this year the hogs should be safe.
PS What do you think of my photo? Cheryl finally captured my best side with her new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment